How to make Chocolate Burfi Recipe
- In a pan, heat ghee.
- Add the flour and stir for a min.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix it well. Set aside in a plate.
- In the same pan, add sugar and water and mix well.
- Make sure the consistency is thick.
- Cook for another minute.
- To ensure the right consistency,poura little syrup between your index and thumb finger.The syrup should form a string.
- Turn off the heat and add the flour to the syrup.
- Mix well.It will take 3 to 5 mins for the mixture to become thick.
- Grease a tray and spread the mixture evenly.
- Allow the mixture to set for at least 30 mins.
- Cut it into squares and serve.
- This dish derives its name from the word 'barf' which means snow since they are similar in appearance. This is the reason it’s served cold.
- Cocoa beans were used as currency by the Mayan and Aztec cultures.