Coconutty Chicken Marinade Recipe
light coconut milk
chili pepper chopped into fine rings
salt to taste
4 scoops vanilla ice-cream
- Add ginger, garlic, salt, brown sugar, chili pepper, and other spices into coconut milk and whisk thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix chicken and marinade gently until the chicken is evenly seasoned.
- Transfer contents into a ziplock bag, squeeze out air, and zip the bag close.
- Move the chicken into a refrigerator for a few hours. If you want the preserve chicken marinade for many days, store the marinade in a freezer, where the marinade can stay up to 3 months.
Note: Transfer chicken marinade from the freezer to the refrigerator 24 hours prior to cooking it.
It takes less than 15 minutes to grill marinated chicken. However, on days when you have finished cooking, but really pressed for time to relish food, you can pack it a compact and stylish Vaya Tyffyn lunch box, which keeps food hot even after 4 hours.
You can also run a few errands or catch up on your email before digging into piping hot chicken marinade straight out of Vaya Tyffyn instead of a reheating the good stuff in a microwave!
- Marinades originally referred to brine, which was used to preserve meat. Today, the meaning of marinade has reached a whole new level!
- Sometimes, sea water, was also used for storage purposes.
- The science behind marinade is that the acid in marinades break connective tissue, thereby making meat tender.