- 1 1/2 lb 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp butter--divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil--divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon Juice
- 8 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
Lemon Chicken usually consists of pieces of chicken meat that are sautéed or deep-fried and coated with a thick, sweet lemon-flavored sauce. The Chinese restaurant at the Panda Hotel in Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong, used to serve its version of Lemon Chicken with the chicken pieces coated in batter, then rolled in almond slivers and deep-fried, and served with the lemon-glaze sauce.
In our recipe, simple flavour additions don’t overpower the dish and the natural flavor of the chicken is allowed to shine. The short ingredient list also makes for a level of ease that allows this dinner to come together in no time at all, which is perfect for a busy weeknight. Pair this dish with crisp veggies and a side of rice for a delicious dinner that your family is sure to love.
- Lemons Boost Your Vitamin C. We all know that citrus fruits are high in vitamin C and lemons are no exception. One lemon contains more than 50% of our recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. Of course nobody is going to eat a whole lemon plain but using it in recipes can go a long way towards meeting your daily requirements.
- It’s Heart Healthy. There’s a lot of research showing lemon’s protective effect on the heart and circulatory system. One compound in particular, called “limonin” may reduce levels of “bad” cholesterol.
How to Make Lemon Chicken
This chicken dish would pair well with sautéed asparagus, green beans (haricots verts), or even broccoli. Trivia Bartenders usually put a slice of lemon in a glass of Coca Cola to add a little extra flavor. Today, the British Navy requires all ships to carry enough lemons so that every sailor can have an ounce of juice a day.