Bread Machine Pizza Dough
cups active dry yeast
cups all-purpose flour
dry wheat flour
pizza toppings of your choice
grated mozzarella cheese
How to Make Bread Machine Pizza Dough
- Pre-heat your oven at 400 °F.
- Combine yeast, all-purpose flour, sugar and salt into the bread making machine.
- Add butter and flat beer and start the dough machine.
While the machine works,brush a pizza pan with olive oil. Make sure no corner is left out dry.
- Once the flour is kneaded into a smooth dough, transfer it to the pan, dust your hands with some dry flour and flatten the pizza doughspreading it completely to cover the pan.
- Once the dough completely covers the pan, brush it with more olive oil.
- Cover the base with a plastic food wrap and let rest for about 15 minutes oruntil it rises slightly.
- Once risen, fold the edges toward the center in such a way the the diameter of thepizza reduces to about an inch. Spread pizza sauce on top (leaving out the edges)add your favorite toppings, and a generous amount of grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pizza for about 30 minutes or until the crust turns crispy and the cheese melts.
- Pizza actually came into being because people wanted to make their bread more flavorful than before.
The word Pizza is related to the word ‘Pizzo’ which is a Lambordic word translating to ‘mouthful’. This word was brought to Italy when Lombardic invaders came into Italy in the 6th Century.