American Parmesan Herb Cheesecake
For American Parmesan Cheese crust :
grated parmesan cheese
dried bread crumbs
minced fresh rosemary
For Herb Filling :
minced garlic cloves
extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds
minced fresh basil
minced fresh oregano
finely diced carrot
Ground black pepper to taste
How to Make American Parmesan Herb Cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare the crust, mix American Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, rosemary and butter in a small bowl. Mix the mixture until well combined. Keep it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly spread the olive oil over garlic and roast it in an oven-proof dish for 10 to 15 minutes, until it is soft. Remove and set aside.
- In an electric food processor, process the minced and roasted garlic, cream cheese, eggs, flour, and salt together. Add in the parsley, basil, oregano, and sage. Process it for 1 more minute.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into a large bowl. Stir in the red bell pepper and carrot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites thoroughly, and then fold it gently with the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the chilled American Parmesan cheese crust. Now line the baking pan with an aluminum foil.
- Place the cheesecake in the oven for 50 minutes, until it is raised.
- Transfer the cake onto a serving dish. Gently slice it into equal pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
- American Parmesan cheese is inspired by Parmigiano Reggiano, Italy
- Parmesan cheese originated in the region of Parma about 1000 years ago.