How to Make Zucchini Caprese
- Take the two sliced pieces of zucchini.
- Scoop out the pulp from each side with the help of a spoon.
- Put the zucchini shells in a baking dish.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top of the shells.
- Season the shells with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Microwave the shells until they are cooked and crispy for at least 3 to 4 minutes.
- After they are done, set them aside for assembling.
- Take a separate bowl.
- Add the zucchini pulp into the bowl.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into half and add them with the zucchini pulp.
- Add mozzarella pieces into the bowl as well.
- Mix these well.
- Now pour 4 tablespoons of olive oil into the bowl.
- Mix it up with the zucchini caprese in a way that it reaches all the ingredients.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper into the bowl and give it another mix.
- Take out your presentation dish.
- Lay out the baked zucchini shells on the tray.
- Using a spoon, take the zucchini caprese and fill it up into the empty shells.
- Sprinkle basil leaves on top of the beautiful zucchini caprese and serve these to your guests with utmost style!
- There is a National Zucchini Bread Day celebrated in Italy every year on the 25th of April.
- Zucchini did not exist in the U.S until 1920s, by which year it was brought there by the Italians.
Zucchini is plural. Singularly, the vegetable is called a ‘zucchina’.