Shrimp Florentine with Zoodles
extra virgin olive oil
finely cut zucchini
large finely minced yellow onion
finely chopped garlic
finely peeled large shrimp
fresh lemon juice
red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Shrimp Florentine with Zoodles
- Heat 1 tablespoon unsalted butter and the extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Mix them together properly.
- Now use a Spiralizer to turn zucchini into finely thin noodles.
- Add zoodles in the heated pan. Add in the onions, 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Let them cook until zoodles are tender and onions are golden brown. This will take 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now transfer the zoodle mixture into a medium sized bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir in the shrimps and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic in the pan until the shrimps turn pink, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the spinach, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until spinach wilt, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the zoodle mixture to the skillet with the shrimp and spinach. Stir properly until well combined, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer Shrimp Florentine with zoodles onto the serving platter. Enjoy!
- In many parts of the world, shrimp is eaten with the heads on.
- May 9th is celebrated as the National Shrimp Day.
- The raw and uncooked shrimp is referred to as “green”.
Shrimp that has been cooked in butter and garlic is known as “scampi”.