How to make Mutton Fry
- In a pressure cooker pot, heat 4 tablespoon of oil. Stir fry the mutton until light brown and juicy.
- Addsalt, ginger-garlic paste, and chiliandturmeric powder along withulavacharu pastein the pan.
- Reduce the flame and let the mutton cook in the spices for 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of water in the pot, cover the lid and pressure cook the mutton for 20-25 minutes, or up to4-5 whistles. If the mutton has not tendered, add water and cook some more.Set aside when done.
How to cook the base:
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves,green cardamom, and cinnamon stick, and fry for half a minute.
- Stir in thesliced green chilies, curry leaves and onions and sauté the contents for 5-6 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Reduce the flame and cook some more for 6-8 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the tendered mutton in the pan, and stir well to combine.
- Spice it up with 2tsp of garam masala, cover the pan and let the mutton cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Transferthe mutton to the serving dish, adorn with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Garam masala is an essential part of Asian cookery, and is often the core ingredient of many cuisines.
- Garam masala is often referred to as the king of Indian spices.
- As tasty and interesting garam masala makes the food, it is nothing but a blend of various spices. A large number of Asian householdsprepare Garam Masala at home.