- 1/2 tbsp oil or butter
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1/3 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped green beans
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
Every sip of warm mixed vegetable soup is divine, it is simple, yet flavorful, and it is quite easy to make. Even better is the fact that you can always tailor the recipe to suit your own taste at any time by making use of any vegetable of your choice.
The mixed vegetable soup recipe is a wonderful way of making use of leftover vegetables. But that doesn’t mean you can’t use fresh vegetables either. Canned or frozen vegetables? These work too!
A bowl of vegetable soup is a nice thing to have during the cold winter season. No wonder it is very common from December to February!Pack some Vegetable Soup in a smart thermos from Vaya and have on the go!
- Garlic, from the onion family, contains potent medicinal properties. It is very rich in vitamin C, B6, and manganese. Garlic can combat sickness including the common cold. It also detoxifies the body and reduces blood pressure
- Carrot is a root vegetable, usually orange in color but it can also come in other colors. Carrots are good sources of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin k, potassium and antioxidants. It helps in weight loss.
- The black pepper is a flowering vine which is cultivated for its fruit it is usually dried and it is used as spice and seasoning. It contains vitamin k, iron, fiber and manganese.
- Mixed vegetable soup is rich in minerals, vitamins and fiber. Down with the cold? Pack some healthy soup to have on the go and give your body much-needed nourishment.
How To Make Vegetable Soup
Just pack it up in thermos flask and you’ll be able to take a little taste of home with you everywhere.