- 10 inch round italian bread
- olive salad, either a mix like I used, which I added more to, or you can make your own.
- 1/2 lb each of mortadella, salami and capicollo or meats of your choice. ( you might have extra left over)
- 1 lb slicing provolone or a mixture of mozzarella and provolone
- olive oil
- a cup or more each of Italian black and green olives, chopped
- a jar of vegetable giardiniera that has carrots, cauliflower and celery, drained and chopped
- a jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- a jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- fresh parsley, 1 garlic clove and fresh crunchy celery and oregano
- toss everything into a bowl and mix well together with good olive oil
How to Make The Muffaletta Sandwich
Commonly eaten during celebration days; In Palermo it is most commonly eaten on the Day of the Dead, November 2.