How to make Vietnamese Sandwich
- Add all the ingredients for the chicken in a baking dish and add the chicken breasts in the dish and cover. Refrigerate the chicken for an hour.
- In a medium sized bowl, add hot water along with sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add salt, red pepper, vinegar, radishes and carrots in the sugar solution and refrigerate for half an hour.
- In a medium sized grill, heat some olive oil and grill the chicken along with the seasoning for 5 minutes each side.
- Remove the chicken from heat and cover it in a foil for 5—10 minutes.
- Cut open the sub rolls or baguettes and grill them from each side for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Drain away the pickled vegetables.
- Shred or slice the chicken finely.
- Spread the mayonnaise in the sub rolls.
- Layer them with cucumbers, chicken and the pickled vegetables, cilantro leaves, jalapenos. Enjoy the sandwich. Serve with sweet chili sauce and enjoy!
- Chicken sandwiches are one of the most popular types of sandwiches all over the world followed by chicken burgers.
- Vietnam is big on selling streets snacks and Banh Mi is found everywhere.