- 10 liters of raw, whole cow’s
- 1/4 teaspoon of mesophilic starter culture
- 50 ml rennet diluted in boiled and cooled water – amount according to makers instructions
- 15 grams non-iodized kosher or cheese salt
- finely diced garden herbs, horseradish or chilies monterey jack cheese variants.• Optional
Monterey Jack is a famous semi-hard cheddar.
It is light and delightful and liquefies effortlessly.
Let’s learn how to make this using the simple recipe below.
Monterey Jack has just 100 calories for each ounce. This cheddar has far less sodium than different cheeses as it has just 150 milligrams. Variations of Monterey Jack with jalapeno peppers, chives, and other fixings show up frequently in most markets around the world.
How to Make Monterey Jack Cheese
Monterey Jack secures the legitimate position as genuine "American" cheddar since it started in the Mexican Franciscan monks of Monterey, California. Around the 1700s, these inhabitants around the Monterey district were influencing a half-firm, rich cheddar from dairy animals' milk.
An American businessperson named David Jack understood its value and began selling it across California. The cheddar came to be known as "Monterey Jack's" or "Jack's Monterey," in the long run gaining the name ‘Monterey Jack’.