How to Make Thai Steamed Fish
- Before starting, make sure that the fish you’ll be using is properly cleaned, gutted and de-scaled.
- Make cuts on the sides as well as both sides of the fish.
- Before proceeding further, cut out some lemon grass and rub it thoroughly on the fish to release its aroma.
- Finish off by stuffing that lemon grass in the fish.
- Steam the fish over the boiling water for at least 10-15 minutes.
- This duration could change depending on how big a fish you’ve chosen.
- In order to check whether the fish has reached the optimal tenderness, check by lifting the middle of the fish using a fork.
- If it comes off easily, the fish is properly cooked.
- Keep the fish above the boiling water over the low heat to maintain its tenderness.
- In a different pan, heat chicken stock.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer.
- Add garlic, chilies and stir until the sauce reaches optimum thickness.
- Add in fish sauce, lime juice and cilantro.
- Plate the fish along with this broth covered with Chinese celery.
- Garnish with some extra celery leaves.
- Serve with some boiled rice.
Only 1/95,000 people are allergic to fish.