How to make Red Snapper Livornese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large pan over medium-high heat,, heat the olive oil for a minute.
- Add the chopped onion and let it cook until it is soft and translucent. This should be about 5 minutes.
- Add the olives, garlic and capers and continue stirring for another 3-5 minutes.
- Place the red snapper fillets in the pan with the skin side down.
- Add the marinara sauce and along with the pomegranate juice.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the fish cook for 5 minutes in the pan and remove from heat.
- Place the fish gently in a baking dish along with the sauces
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plates and garnish with olives and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Although Italians are big on pasta, meatballs and pizzas but once you are in the coastal areas like Tuscany, seafood reigns supreme.
- Red snapper is one of the most popular types of fishes eaten in Italy and all over the world.
- Marinara sauce is an essential part of Italian cooking as its used in pizzas, pastas and meat based dishes to give that juicy tomato flavor as well as give a rich texture.
- Tomatoes are high in antioxidants and are a huge part of Italian cuisine along with olives. This explains why Italians age so well.
- Red snapper is so popular that there are over 70,000 recipes of it found online.
- Tomatoes originally come from Peru. They were brought to Europe in the 15th