Tellicherry Pepper Prawns Fry
black tiger prawns with their heads and shells off. The prawns should be weighing half a kg
salt for some taste
tablespoon of lemon juice
teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste
packet of tempura batter mix
tablespoons of oil
tablespoon of chopped ginger
tablespoon of chopped garlic
gram of oyster sauce
tablespoon of magi bhunna masala
teaspoon of coarse black pepper powder
tablespoon of chopped corianders
gram of mashed potato
chili flakes for taste
teaspoon of garam masala
oil for frying
How to Make Tellicherry Pepper Prawns Fry
- Devein the prawns and give them a butterfly cut.
- Wash thoroughly and pat the prawns dry
- Marinate the prawns with lemon juice and oyster sauce
- Add tempura butter (2 tablespoons) to the prawns.
- Fry the prawns until they turn golden.
- Add some oil to a pan and add bhunna masala and chopped ginger garlic paste.
- Add water, salt and some oyster sauce to the mixture.
- Add garam masala with some crushed peppercorn.
- Reduce the sauce a bit.
- Add the fried prawns and toss them for even coating.
- Add coriander and lemon juice.
- Add salt, black pepper, mashed potato and chopped coriander to the mix.
- Fry the saboodana papad.
- Place the mixture of mashed potato on a serving tray and vertically position the sabodana papad on it.
- Stack the prawns on the other end and serve hot.
- A group of prawns is known as a school.
Like they swim forward, prawns also tend to aggressively swim backwards at times.