How to Make Tender Beef Sandwich
- Put the trimmed roast in a 5-quart slow-cooker pot.
- Then marinate the beef with garlic powder, dried rosemary, thyme, pepper, bay leaf and soy sauce. Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost soaked.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove the roast from cooker and reserve broth in a different bowl. Now, shred the tender roast with a fork.
- Lightly toast the buns inside an oven for up to 4 minutes.
- While the buns are getting ready, in a sauce-pan, heat broth and herb blend over medium heat until hot. Then dip the shredded beef deep into the sauce.
- Place the beef, cheese and onion slices on the toasted buns and serve with the remaining sauce.
Unlike the name suggests, French dip sandwich is not a French but an American cuisine.It is believed that this delicious sandwich originated from Los Angeles, California.