Fool’s Gold Loaf Sandwich
How to Make Fool’s Gold Loaf Sandwich
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the loaf of French bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread the margarine on the bottom and top of the slices of the bread.
- Place them on a baking sheet. Transfer it to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until the butter is melted and the bread is slightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium sized pan over medium heat.
- Take the bread out of the oven. Now spread peanut butter to one side of the slice, and jelly to the other side. Make sure that peanut butter and the grape jelly is evenly spread to the sides of the bread.
- Place the bacon on the slices of the bread.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The Fool’s Gold Loaf was first served by Colorado Mine Company, a restaurant in Denver, Colorado.
- The sandwich consists of single warm bread filled with the creamy peanut butter, grape jelly, and bacon
- The Fool’s Gold Loaf sandwich is also known as the “Elvis sandwich”
The sandwich was also featured in the movie “What If” featuring the heartthrob, Daniel Radcliffe.