How to Make Tarte Au Sucre
- Begin by preheating the oven at 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl add brown sugar and flour and mix the two together.
- In a different bowl, add milk, eggs, and vanilla, and whisk them together. Gradually add flour mixture and keep whisking.
- Next, place pie crusts on cookie sheets and fill the crusts with the prepared mix.
- Drizzle the cold butter cubes in the mixture and place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven. Allow Tarte Au Sucre to bake for 45-50 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center is pudding/jelly-like.
- Remove from the oven, and let the Tarte Au Sucre cool before placing it in the refrigerator. It is necessary to cool it in order to set the filling firm.
- Serve cold with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
- Between 1806 and 1808, a trade block imposed by Napoleon Bonaparte cut off the sugar supply to France. As a result, the French begin to extract sugar from sugar beet.
Today, France dominates sugar beet production.