How to Make Tangerine juice
- Peel the tangerines, leaving only the yellow pith.
- Cut the apples into quarter sized pieces, making sure to remove the stem.
- Cut the top and bottom portions of the carrot.
- Pour the mixture in a juice machine.
- Cool in the fridge and serve chilled!
- The tangerine is a derivative of the Mandarin Orange, which is native to Southeast Asian territories.
- The name tangerine comes from the root word ‘tangier’ in Morocco. The first batches of tangerine fruit came from Morocco and were shipped off to Southeast Asia and Europe.
- It is surprising to note that while tangerines have been cultivated for thousands of years in both Japan and China, it wasn’t until the 19th century that the tangerine first made its way to the United States.
When you’re shopping for tangerines, keep a look out for them between December and January to order the premium versions before they run out.