- 8 whole wheat bread slices
- 1-2 tsp oil
- 4-5 mushrooms or mushroom stems – finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sized green bell pepper – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions – finely chopped
- 1/4 -1/2 crumbled paneer or fresh bread crumb (for binding)
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp roasted gram flour
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin and coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp dried mango powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese – freshly grated
There are many types of food that work well with the tandoor cooking method. This tandoori mushroom sandwich is just such one of these foods. The tandoor is perfect for cooking meat which makes it perfect for cooking mushrooms, so feel free to substitute a tandoor in place of the grill used in this recipe. Regardless of how you cook it, this recipe will help you create a wonderful, crispy, and tasty vegetarian sandwich that will meet all your expectations.
Mushroom sandwich is one of the best things to eat for your health, as far as sandwiches go. Mushrooms just have a lot of worthwhile health benefits. They are one of the only plant sources of vitamin D which they can absorb by being exposed to UV light. They also have a significant amount of protein which is important for cellular production and cellular repair. It also helps to boost your metabolism and can play a significant role in helping you to lose weight.
How to make Tandoori Mushroom Sandwich
Naturally formed circles of mushrooms are called "Fairy Rings".