- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1 loaf french bread
- 2 large hoagie rolls
- 2 large sub rolls
- 1/2 lb deli roast beef (very rare, sliced wafer thin, or you can use a frozen Rib-Eye roast shaved on an electric slicer)
- 1 white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced) (optional)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese (thinly sliced)
- extra virgin olive oil (for grilling)
- salt and pepper
- optional toppings: Marinara sauce or ketchup
It’s impossible to talk of Philadelphia without thinking or speaking about the cheesesteak, a sandwich containing slashed steak, melted cheese, and peppers and onions.
A cheesesteak is also known by other names such as Philadelphia cheesesteak, Philly cheesesteak, cheesesteak sandwich, cheese steak, or steak and cheese.
Here’s how you can make the delicious cheesesteak sandwich.
A cheesesteak can be high in calories and fat so it ought to be eaten in moderation along with the healthy foods in your diet such as in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy items, and lean proteins.
A 7-inch cheesesteak has 520 calories, 24 grams of fat and 1,047 mg of sodium, which is nearly your total limit of the day in one meal.
How to Make Cheesesteak Sandwich
There's a good open debate on what sort of cheese ought to be on a cheesesteak. In Philly it's normal to get one with Cheez Whiz, (an unhealthy and hazardous processed cheese item); however, American and provolone types are additionally common.