- Clean the karelas.
- Rinse off with salt and turmeric in order to remove the bitterness.
- Let sit for 20-25 minutes.
- Make a vertical slit on each karela.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds and pulp to fill the potato masala.
- Smash the boiled potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, red chili powder, chat masala, and salt to taste.
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Fill the karelas with the potato masala filling.
- Heat oil in a shallow frying pan.
- Lightly fry the stuffed karelas for a minute.
Note: Make such that the stuffing doesn’t fall out.
- Cover and cook at a low-medium temperature until the stuffed karelas are thoroughly cooked.
- Switch off the heat once the karelas turn nice and soft.
Bitter gourd is also called Patrick.