Tomato Peach Salad with Ricotta
ripe yellow peaches (firm ones)
fresh basil leaves and small leaves for garnishing
extra virgin olive oil
fresh lemon juice
How to make Tomato Peach Salad with Ricotta
- Bake the almonds in an oven for about 6-7 minutes until they turn light golden.
- Cut the bottoms of tomatoes and peaches in the form of an “x” and boil the water in a saucepan.
- Boil the peaches for a minute until the skin starts to peel back.
- And repeat the same with tomatoes for 15 seconds and set them aside.
- Add the basil leaves to the saucepan and boil them for 15 seconds until they are bright green.
- Add these leaves to the blender along with olive oil, ¼ tsp of kosher salt and ¼ tsp of ground pepper.
- Peel the tomatoes and peel the peaches and pit them and slice both the peaches and tomatoes into ½ inch slices.
- On a serving platter, spread the basil puree and add peaches and tomatoes on top of it and sprinkle the lemon juice on them and add the ricotta cheese on top.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of ground pepper and ¼ tsp of salt. Garnish with roasted almonds and basil leaves. Serve and enjoy!
- The French originally thought of tomatoes as an aphrodisiac which is why they had named it “pomme d’armour” which means “love apple”.
- Peaches are the third most popularly grown fruit in America! Peaches are classified as “drupes”, which mean “fruits with a hard stone”.