- 4-5 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 tablespoon rice flour or corn meal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 A pinch of asafetida (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
Everyone loves potatoes and one of the most popular and interesting ways to cook them is to turn them into mouth-watering “aloo masala”.
Aloo masala is simple to create and can be nailed by even a rookie at cooking. All you need to take care of is to cook the potatoes well and make it as flavorsome as possible. The addition of exciting spices and herbs in potatoes can instantly make them luscious and delectable.
Here’s an easy-to-follow recipe of aloo masala which you can quickly make it at home.
Health Benefits :
- Potatoes consist of carbohydrates, vitamins A, B-complex, and C and minerals like potassium, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus.
- All of these nutritional values contribute to a healthy skin. Moreover, Vitamin C helps to combat deficiency which is characterized by cracked lips, bleeding gums and harmful infections. It can also repair broken tissues.
- Potatoes are also very effective in burning toxic elements from the intestines and digestive systems.
- Potatoes have high levels of flavonoid, zeaxanthin and carotenes which can protect you from any type of cancer.
How to make Aloo Masala
Potatoes were introduced in India through the Portugese in the 15th century.