How to Make String Cheese
- Put the shredded mozzarella in the pot. Make sure the water is only hot and not boiling.
- Let it sit. Wait for 1-2 minutes and allow it to melt.
- Take out 3 tablespoons of melted cheese with a fork or spoon.
- Start stretching the cheese and wait until it begins to become hard. This might take a few seconds. It is better to use rubber gloves, as the cheese will be extremely hot.
- Keep stretching and wait for the cheese to become glossy. Now, the cheese will start breaking instead of stretching.
- Stretch or fold the cheese so that the length is of your choice. Then, roll and fold to make it into a stick, with one side as smooth as possible.
- Place the finished sticks on a plate and place it in the refrigerator for cooling. You may also keep it at room temperature and let it cool.
- Enjoy the string cheese whenever!
- String cheese is believed to have invented by Frank Baker in Wisconsin, the cheese capital of the United States. He is the owner of Baker Cheese, the cheese brand that has been making cheese for nearly 100 years
Frank had accidently come up with the idea. He never knew that string cheese would become a favorite snack of children and adults alike.