How to Make Steamed clams
- Whisk butter and garlic in a large skillet (with a lid). Cook over medium heat and constantly stir until the fragrance fills your kitchen.
- Add the wine and lemon juice into the skillet. Heat the skillet until its contents are boiling.
- Add the clams and remaining butter.
- Cover the skillet and cook until the clams open. If needed, stir the skillet occasionally.
- Clams that failed to open up should be discarded and cooked again.
- Sprinkle skillet with parsley and lemon for seasoning.
- Did you know that there are over 15,000 species of clams?
- Among those 15,000 only about 150 are edible.
- Clams live in sand with their bodies upside down.
The Giant Clam is native to parts of the Indian Ocean and can grow over four feet long.