Spinach Ricotta Cannelloni
Ingredients for sauce:
finely chopped clove garlic
finely chopped small onion
Ingredients for filling:
thawed frozen chopped spinach
large minced garlic clove
Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for cannelloni:
dried cannelloni tubes
1-1 1/2 cups
basil to garnish
How to make Spinach Ricotta Cannelloni
For the sauce:
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and heat oil.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until translucent. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato.
- Use water to swirl the last bits out of the tomato can, then add to the skillet.
- Stir until combined, then lower the heat to medium.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and stir in oregano.
- Set aside.
For the spinach ricotta filling:
- Set spinach in a colander, and press out most of the liquid. You do not need to squeeze it completely dry.
- Place in a bowl with the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and season to taste.
- Spread enough sauce to cover the base of your baking pan – this should be large enough to fit 20 cannelloni.
- Pour filling into a Ziploc bag and cut a large hole in one corner.
- Pip filling into the tubes, and set them in the baking dish as you complete them.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the top, ensuring all tubes get covered.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish your Spinach Ricotta Cannelloni with basil, serve hot, and enjoy!
This Spinach Ricotta Cannelloni is a surefire win. Whether the centerpiece of your next dinner party, dinner for family movie night, or just for fun, you know this dish will be a winner.
Two-thirds of the world’s durum wheat comes from North Dakota