Veg Creamy Pink Vodka Sauce Pasta
finely chopped onion
crushed and chopped cloves garlic
cans crushed tomatoes – 28 oz each
pinch hot pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
grated parmesan cheese
How to make Veg Creamy Pink Vodka Sauce Pasta
- Place a pot of salted water on high heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Pour pasta into boiling water and follow cooking directions on package.
- In a separate deep pan, pour the olive oil, onions, and garlic.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes, until onions and garlic are translucent.
- Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 1 mnute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, turn the heat up to medium, and bring to a boil.
- Add vodka and salt and pepper to taste, then allow to simmer for 8 minutes over a medium-low heat.
- Lower the heat, add the cream, and mix well.
- Add drained pasta and chopped parsley.
- Mix in grated parmesan until the cheese is melted and the pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve your Veg Creamy Pink Vodka Sauce Pastatopped with more grated parmesan, and enjoy!
This Veg Creamy Pink Vodka Sauce Pasta is utterly to die for. Can’t finish it now? Throw the rest in an elegant steel lunch box and take it with you! It’ll still be fresh and hot 4 hours from now, and this dish is sure to make you the envy of the neighborhood.
- The alcohol used in this dish serves two functions: first, it unleashes new flavors in the tomatoes that are otherwise unnoticeable, and second, it acts as an emulsifier. This means that it keeps the sauce stable, as the acidic tomato sauce and the oil in the cream sauce would normally react poorly with each other.