- Place a large pot of water over heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add pasta and cook per instructions on the package.
- Heat milk over a medium-low heat in a separate small, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add your gorgonzola and fontina cheese, constantly stirring until they have melted and mixed nicely with the milk.
- Add nutmeg and white pepper.
- Approximately 1 minute before the pasta is finished, remove from the heat and drain it.
- Place the drained pasta in a large skillet.
- Stir in the milk and cheese mixture.
- Add the parmigiana and pecorino cheese and stir well.
- Cook over a medium heat, shaking or stirring the pan continuously until the sauce is thick and the pasta is finished cooking.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve Quattro Formaggi Pasta hot and top with grated cheese.
Quattro Formaggi Pasta is best served topped with your choice of protein – chicken, seafood, pork, beef, or tofu – and paired with a fresh green salad or vegetables.Keep it hot for up to 4 hours in your stainless-steel lunch box, and take your Quattro Formaggi Pasta to work with you!
- The title of this dish, “Quattro Farmaggi Pasta,” is Italian for the components of the dish itself: four cheese.
- This recipe is one simple to experiment with to find your own favorite ingredients! As long as you stay within the same category of cheese – for example, a hard, aged cheese rather than parmigboiano – you can substitute different types of cheese for the four listed in this recipe. Find your own favorite and share!