Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
jump pasta shells
cups of ricotta cheese
ounce of frozen spinach cheese, thawed and drained
tbsp of fennel seed
tbsp of dried basil
cloves of minced garlic
salt and pepper for taste
cups of spaghetti sauce
How to Make Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees F
- Fill a large pot with salted water and boil it. Place pasta shells in the water and begin boiling again. Cook the noodles until they are tender.
- Mix spinach, ricotta, 1/3 cup of cheese, basil, fennel and garlic in a large bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Spread ½ cup of marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Fill the pasta shells with the spinach cheese mixture.
- Arrange the shells in the baking dish. Spreading the remainder of the marinara sauce on the shells.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan Cheese on the shells.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake the shells in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Spinach is native to Persia. It was introduced by the Persians to China in the 7h century after which it was brought to Europe. It was only a matter of time before it made its way to the US in 1806.
March 26th is widely known as the National Spinach Day.