How to Make Spice Bread
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, add brown sugar and milk. Let it cook on low heat while stirring continuously. Once the sugar has dissolved, take it off the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a different bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, oil, and the brown sugar mixture until well incorporated. Then, add it to the flour mixture and mix until it has moistened.
- Transfer it to an 8x4-inch greased loaf pan. Let it bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clear. If it begins to brown too much, loosely cover the top with foil.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack where it should cool completely.
- In a small bowl, add the topping ingredients and drizzle it on the bread.
- In 2500 BC, the ancient Greeks had produced over 80 types of breads.
- For the Egyptians, bread was so important that they used it as currency.
- Scandinavian traditions believe that if a girl and boy eat from the same loaf of bread, they will fall in love.
There are over 100 types of breads.