How to Make Butter Cookies
- In a large bowl, add the butter and white sugar so you can cream them until the mixture is fluffy and light. Once it is fluffy and light, add the egg, pour in the vanilla, and give it a final stir.
- In a different bowl, mix the salt and flour together, give it a light mix and fold in the sugar mixture.
- Once the dough has formed, loosely cover it and chill it (and the cookie sheets) for at least one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (or 400 degrees F), press the dough on ungreased cookie sheets. Now it the time to cut them into the shapes you want. Keep making shapes until there is no dough left, and then evenly space the cookies on the cookie sheets.
- Let the cookies bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until they are golden on the edge.
- When done, place the cookies on wire racks.
- The basic ingredients for cookies are sugar, flour, butter, and eggs.
- Cookies can be modified according to your will.
- The most popular cookies are chocolate chip cookies.
December 4th is national cookie day.