How to Make Sicilian Sausage Soup
- Heat up some olive oil in a deep pan.
- Add diced sausages, diced celery, diced carrots, diced onion and minced garlic into the pan.
- Stir everything well so that the oil can stick to all the ingredients.
- Let it cook for a minimum of 10 minutes on low heat. Make sure none of the ingredients get burnt.
- Now add tomato paste into the pan.
- Mix it well with all the vegetables and sausages.
- Add cannellini beans into the pan.
- Pour chicken stock into the pan after mixing the beans.
- Add Italian seasoning after the stock and mix it thoroughly into the pan.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper after that.
- Let it simmer for about 20 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Once, the soup turns a slight red color you can sure that it’s finally cooked.
- Ladle out a big bowl of soup.
- Garnish it with chopped fresh parsley leaves and red pepper flakes.
- Serve hot!
- The origin of sausages can be dated back to 2700 years ago due to its mention in the Odyssey that was written by Homer.
During World War II, sausages were called bangers because they exploded when fried.