- 2-1/4 lb chicken, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1/2tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- fried onions
- 2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups basmati rice
- dough, seeling the pan
Biryani is a mixed rice dish that’s very popular in South Asia. It originated from the Muslims living in the Indian subcontinent. This delicious dish is also commonly known as birani, biriani, biriyani or biryani. Generally, it is made with rice, spices, and egg or meat. A wide range of meats can be used to cook it, such as beef, chicken, prawn, mutton or fish. For this delicious biryani recipe, we use chicken.
- Chicken reshmi biryani is a very nutritious dish. Each of the individual components of this dish has its own health benefits.
- The chicken is a good source of niacin and vitamin B, which will help to fight against free radicals that cause cancer. This dish also has some nutrients that’ll help maintain your heart, liver and kidney.
- Chicken reshmi biryani is a great meal to have after exercising because it will quickly refuel your body.
How to Make Chicken Reshmi Biryani
Get a Vaya Tyffyn lunchbox to ensure your foods are never cold. These lunchboxes are made to be very airtight so your meals stay in perfect conditions. There’s no need for reheating or microwaving before you can enjoy your meal that’s still steaming hot.
The word “Biryani” originated from Persia. There is a popular theory that it is derived from “birinj”, the word for rice in Persian language.