Tomato and Mozzarella Bites
salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
freshly chopped parsley leaves
grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Sicilian Sausage Soup
- Before beginning, wash the cherry tomatoes and the basil leaves thoroughly.
- Cut each of the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Split the basil leaves from their stems and set them aside until needed for assembling.
- Slice mozzarella cheese into small squares.
- Take thin wooden skewers. You can use large wooden tooth picks for the purpose of arranging the tomato and mozzarella bites.
- Taking it from the top, first add a cheery tomato slice to the skewer. Follow it with a mozzarella slice. Add a basil leaf after that. Continue this sequence until the entire skewer has been filled. Repeat the same process with the rest of the skewers.
- Place them into the serving dish.
- Pour some olive oil on top of the tomato and mozzarella bites.
- Season them with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- If you want to add more green, you can garnish this colorful appetizer with freshly chopped parsley leaves and grated parmesan cheese.
- Tomato and mozzarella bites are one of the most popular finger foods in any party.
- It is similar to the Caprese salad which is served with the seasoning of olive oil and salt.
- Tomatoes originated from Peru where their name translated as “something plum with a navel.”
Tomatoes which are a popular ingredient in almost all Italian cuisines were not so popular once upon a time. People used to think, it was a poisonous fruit because of its relationship with belladonna.