Sicilian Ricotta Cheesecake
How to Make Sicilian Ricotta Cheesecake
- Before you begin baking, place the whole milk ricotta cheese in cheesecloth-lined strainer over a bowl. Cover it up with a plastic wrap. Place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar in a bowl until properly combined.
- Add the butter (one tablespoon at a time) until fully incorporated.
- Now add the orange or lemon zest. Scrape the vanilla seeds. Add the baking powder and coconut flour. Use a spatula mix to combine the ingredients properly. Fold in the ricotta cheese.
- Lightly butter a small spring cake pan. Sprinkle sugar all over the bottom and sides of the pan. Now evenly spread the mixture into the pan. Make sure to set the pan on a baking sheet.
- Place the cake in the preheated oven for about an hour until the cake is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the orange or lemon zest. Stir together the lemon or orange juice with the powdered sugar in a bowl. Add more sugar if required. Make sure the liquid is thick.
- Take the cake out of the pan. Allow it to cool before unfolding it from the spring-form pan.
- Pour the orange or lemon glaze all over the cheesecake after it has cooled down.
- Garnish it with extra lemon or orange zest.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
- July 30th is celebrated as the National Cheesecake Day.
It is believed that cheesecakes were served to athletes competing during the Olympic Games in 776 BC to give them energy.