Spaghetti Squash Primavera
spaghetti squash sliced in half vertically
cloves minced garlic
a handful diced asparagus
chopped red pepper
chopped yellow pepper
chopped orange pepper
baby bella mushrooms
salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
medium-sized chopped zucchini
medium-sized chopped yellow squash
chopped fresh basil leaves
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Primavera
- Take the sliced spaghetti squash and remove the seeds inside it with the help of a spoon.
- Now wrap the spaghetti squash in food wrap and place it in the microwave oven for 10 minutes.
- Take a deep pan.
- Heat up some olive oil into the pan.
- Add minced garlic.
- Stir fry it until it leaves a light smell.
- Now add diced asparagus, chopped yellow, red and orange pepper, mushrooms and broccoli florets into the pan.
- Stir fry the vegetables for a couple of minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper powder into the pan.
- Stir until it all blends well.
- Turn the heat down and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook the vegetables on steam for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, add chopped zucchini, chopped yellow squash and chopped basil leaves into the pan.
- Stir them until the vegetables turn tender.
- Now pull out your spaghetti squash from the microwave. Take a fork. Remove the flesh inside the squash with the help of the fork in a way that it falls in the pan in strands of spaghetti.
- Mix up the spaghetti squash primavera well and cook for a minute more. Now turn off the heat.
- Place a dish right next to the pan. Place the emptied spaghetti squash on top of it. Ladle out the cooked spaghetti squash primavera into it. Garnish with more basil leaves and serve hot!
- Unlike its name, Spaghetti Squash is a vegetable that can be cooked or baked like real pasta.
- If you have a big spaghetti squash, its spaghetti strands will be much thicker.
‘Primavera’ literally means spring. This is the reason that spring all vegetables are used in this dish.