How to make Basa Fish Fry
- Cut the fillet into 3-4 in pieces.
- Place the fish pieces in a large bowl and pour in 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Add pepper, salt, and red chilli flakes as well.
- Grind together the parsley, garlic, remaining 1tbsp of lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Pour this paste over the basa pieces.
- Gently cover each piece with the marinade.
- Heat the white oil in a non-stick pan.
- Carefully add in the basa pieces on high heat,
- Lower the heat.
- Fry the fish on one side for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently flip the pieces over.
- Fry for another 2 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
In the UK, basa is commonly called "Vietnamese river cobbler".