How to make Rava Appalu Recipe
- Heata heavy bottom pan and add rava.
- Dry roast for 3 minutes on medium flame or until you notice the nice aroma. Remove and keep aside.
- Boil water in the same pan.
- Add the roasted ravato water little by little.
- Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add sugar and continue to stir.
- Add the grated coconut, ghee, and cardamom powder.
- Stir again to remove any lumps.
- Close with a lid and cook for 5 minutes in low flame until thick as dough.
- Turn off the flame and allow the dough to cool down.
- Knead lightly and make lemon-size balls.
- Heat the oil, keep it in medium flame.
- Press the balls between palms and fry it in oil until it becomes golden brown on both the sides.
- Remove from the oil.
- Place it on a kitchen tissue to absorb the excess oil.
- Large grains of semolina was prepared in several steps by dampening smaller grains of semolina with water and working them between the hands to break up clumps into smaller and smaller granules until finally being ready to cook.
- Semolina, rava, and sooji are three names of the same coarse flour obtained by granulating wheat. The word semolina is Italian in origin while sooji is the word used for it in North India and Pakistan. Rava is the name for semolina in south India.