- 1/4 cup ghee/clarified butter
- 1 cup Bombay rava / semolina / suji
- 1/4 cup coconut grated
- 2 1/4 cup milk cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp almond powdered
- 2 tbsp cashew / kaju powdered
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder / elaichi powder
Rava burfi is a traditional sweet cake made from rava. Rava is a coarse grain also known as semolina. Rava barfi is one sweet dish with a melt-in-mouth texture and a distinct aroma and flavor too. Easily prepared with a handful of ingredients readily available in your kitchen pantry, this delicious barfi makes a great dessert and a tea-time snack too. Add nuts of your choice to the recipe to make the barfi rich and nutrient dense too.
- Rava helps to gain energy with essential carbohydrates as it’s made from whole wheat.
- Rava is also rich in iron. Iron-rich foods are good for health as it helps in improving blood circulation.
- Wheat has a good amount of calcium as well. Hence very good for healthy bones.
- Rava is also enriched with magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus, which is also helpful to maintain a healthy nervous system.
How to make Rava burfi