How to Make Poisson Ala Bel Meneure
- Marinate the boneless fish with white pepper, salt and lemon juice. Set aside for 30 minutes.
For the fish
- Coat both sides of the marinated fish with flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet, stir in butter and dredged fish.
- Turn the fish on all sides until golden brown.
To prepare the sauce
- Stir in butter, garlic, mushroom (sliced), croutons, white pepper and lime juice to a separate skillet. Add some salt to taste.
- Mix the contents well. Once the sauce is ready, spread it evenly on the fish and garnish with a bit of parsley.
- Enjoy the delicious French cuisine at home!
- Did you know that France has a difference kind of cheese every day?
- Snail is considered a delicacy in France, and people eat approximately 500,000,000 snails every year.
- Did you know that France is the world’s first country that has banned supermarkets from throwing away unsold foods? This encourages supermarkets to give the food to charities instead.
- People in France prefer to drink their beverages from bowls instead of glasses. They would sometimes dip their bread and pastry in it to accentuate the taste.
France is among the largest exporters of agricultural products.