Popcorn Crusted Fish Fingers
cups of fish, cut into finger sized pieces
salt and ground pepper to taste
cup of flour
grams of bread crumbs
grams of popcorn
How to Make Popcorn Crusted Fish Fingers
- It is important to properly wash the fish in order to drain out all the bacteria and toxins. Followed by cutting into lengthwise pieces
- Season the fish with lemon juice, salt, pepper and Worcestershire and set aside for about 15 minutes to properly marinate.
- Beat an egg in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Dip the flour in egg white and in the bread crumb popcorn mixture.
- Bake the mixture in hot oil.
- Fry the fish until it turns golden brown.
- Drain the oil and transfer to a serving plate.
- The Popcorn Fish Fingers are now ready.
- Serve them with ketchup and enjoy!
- Did you know that China is the biggest producer of commercial fish every year?
- Around 174 million metric tons of fish were produced in the year 2017.
- In 2015, US fishermen extracted 9.7 billion pounds of seafood which is valued at around $5.2 billion.
- There are more than 34,000 species of fish in the world.
The amount of plastic waste in our oceans is such that by the year 2050, there will be more plastic waste by weight in the oceans than fish, which is a staggering statistic.