For Pesto Sauce :
- 8 garlic cloves (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup pine nuts (lightly roasted)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
For Pizza :
- 2 lbs of pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 lbs cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella (sliced)
- 2 cups provolone or fontina cheese (grated)
- red chili flakes to taste
- basil for garnish
For all the pizza lovers out there who would like to try something new, pesto pizza is a fresh tasting variation of the traditional pizza.
Soft dough is layered with a sharp pesto sauce topped with complimenting flavors of mozzarella and tomatoes, to make the perfect combination. The freshness of the pesto perfectly balances the heaviness of the cheese and enunciates the sweet taste of the tomatoes.
Try this recipe at home to taste all these flavors that will make you love pizza even more.
Although pizza is not the healthiest of meals, it can be a good source of carbohydrates and dietary fiber. If you substitute ingredients with healthier ones and lower the amount of cheese and oil, it can be provide more benefits.
Calories per serving: 900 Kcal
How to Make Pesto Pizza