How to Make Spaghetti Tacos
- Fill a large pot with water, season with salt and bring to a boil over a medium-high flame.
- Add spaghetti to the pot and cook it according to the instructions on the packet or until al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti in a colander and return it to the pot. Keep aside for later.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add ground meat. Cook the meat until browned.
- Add water and taco seasoning to the meat, mix well and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a medium-low flame, partially cover the pan and let the sauce thicken for 5-6 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on a low heat.
- Remove from flame and add sauce to the drained noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Lay the hard taco shells on a plate by fanning out the stack, so the edges overlap slightly.
- Warm them in a microwave on high for 30-45 seconds.
- Fill the warm taco shells with the spaghetti and top with salsa, lettuce and cheddar cheese. You can add Sriracha or other hot sauce on top if you prefer.
- Serve while hot.
- Spaghetti tacos are actually a fictional dish made real after gaining fame from the popular Nickelodeon kid’s show, The dish got fame after the brother of the main lead can’t decide whether to make tacos or spaghetti for dinner.