- 2 (8 ounce) packets fettuccini or spaghetti (you can use penne pasta too)
- 1 lb medium sized shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 finely chopped small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped or minced)
- 1/3 cup parmesan or pecorino (grated)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- fresh parsley or basil for garnishing (finely chopped)
- salt to taste
When you crave something rich and flavorful that also comforts your soul, a delicious serving of shrimp fettuccini Alfredo has your name written all over it. Shrimp Alfredo is a dish made of al dente fettuccini studded with shrimp and enveloped in a thick creamy sauce, peppered with parmesan.
The fresh oceanic flavor of the shrimp melds with the richness of the cheese and butter in the Alfredo sauce, to bring out a divine savory flavor. The dish is a perfect end to a long day of hard work, which you can now enjoy as well with this easy recipe.
Alfredo sauce and shrimp are both very high in cholesterol, which means that this dish is certainly not to be consumed very often. But when consumed once in a while, the shrimp and dairy in the sauce are an excellent source of protein and good cholesterol.
Calories per serving: 442 Kcal
Fat per serving: 14.3 g
Carbohydrates per serving: 40 g
Protein per serving: 37.4 g
Cholesterol per serving: 200 mg
How to Make Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo
Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo