How to Make Pasta Rustica
For Boiling Pasta
- Take a deep pot.
- Pour 5 to 6 glasses of water into the pot.
- Add oil and salt into the water.
- Bring the water to boil.
- Add linguine into the pot.
- Cook until the pasta turns tender but not too soft. Make sure you can still feel it when you bite.
- Once the pasta is boiled, drain all the hot water and run the pasta through cold water.
- Set it aside until it is needed for assembling.
For Preparing Gravy
- Take a non-stick frying pan.
- Heat up some oil into the pan.
- Fry chopped garlic in the pan for a couple of minutes.
- Add chopped roasted red peppers, sliced mushrooms, roasted grape tomatoes, white wine, salt, baby arugula, basil leaves and grated parmesan cheese into the pan.
- Stir fry it for a couple of minutes.
- Add the boiled pasta into the pan while it is still on heat.
- Fry it all for a minute on high flame.
- Take it off the heat and serve hot!
- Pasta, which is an Italian dish, was actually originated from China. It was brought to Italy by Marco Polo from his travels in China.
- When Pasta had first begun to be prepared by machines, it was considered a luxury item. It was after a long time that it became popular among common people.
On an average, one person in Italy eats 51 pounds of pasta every day.