Scrumptious and Creamy Baked Ziti
jar of tomato and basil pasta sauce
cream cheese (cut into cubes )
pack of mozzarella cheese approximately 2 cups (shredded)
ziti pasta (uncooked)
can of diced tomatoes (non-drained)
cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Scrumptious and Creamy Baked Ziti
- Begin by preheating the oven at 375°
- Bring the pasta to boil in a large pot with salted water. Cook until soft but not mushy. Drain and set aside for later use.
- In a pan add tomato-basil sauce, diced tomatoes, and cream cheese and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes, or until the cream cheese has melted and the contents are well blended together. Stir constantly.
- Add boiled pasta into the pan and toss the contents well.
- Grease a 13*9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and pour half of the pasta mixture for the first layer. Spread sour cream on pasta for the second layer of Ziti, followed by a layer of 1 cup of grated mozzarella, and remaining pasta mix. Top the Ziti with the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and let it bake of 20 minutes, or until the mozzarella has melted and the top has changed color.
- Enjoy creamy, cheesy and delicious Baked Ziti.
- Ziti al forno or baked Ziti is a centuries-old Italian dish and used to be served to nobles at palaces during the late middle Ages and Renaissance.
- Originally, Ziti pasta is 25 cm long and it is a family tradition in Italy for everyone to sit around and break them by hand, since it cannot be cooked at this length.
Ziti is known as a dish that "has remained a standby for generations".