- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup Spanish olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves, fresh (if dried, take 1 tsp)
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup arugula, fresh and chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
Are you bored with the same basic red and white sauce pasta at home? Try Pasta Puttanesca to give your taste buds a visit to Naples..from your own kitchen only! Extremely easy to cook, and prepared in merely 20 minutes, Pasta Puttanesca is an appetizing main course to enjoy without putting in much effort.
Here is an easy-to-make recipe for you that will yield 4 servings.
- Pasta Puttanesca is made of ingredients that are all exceedingly healthy. Olives, garlic, anchovies and capers, the dish can definitely be considered a medicine along with being food.
- Olive oil is healthy for the heart and reduces cardiovascular diseases.
- Onions in the dish serve in reducing the risk of atherosclerosis and are full of quercetin that is a super-antioxidant. If you are looking to inhibit your aging, Pasta Puttanesca should be in your diet chart.
- Garlic serves in fighting bacteria and acts in the same manner as blood pressure reducing drugs.
How to Make Pasta Puttanesca
The basic recipe of Pasta Puttanesca entails capers, olives, anchovies, and garlic, making it a little salty and aromatic.