How to Make Ravioli Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and onion.
- Cook the beef until it gets brown and begins to crumble.
- Now drain the fat and set aside.
- Add the marinara sauce and garlic. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add ricotta, egg, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and garlic powder in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir it thoroughly until well-combined.
- Now evenly spread 1/3 of the prepared meat mixture into the prepared pan.
- Top with a single layer of ravioli. Then spread half of the ricotta mixture, and then 1/3 of the sauce.
- Repeat the process by layering the lasagna in the same order. In the end, top it up by spreading the marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle the top layer with mozzarella cheese and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce begins to bubble.
- Now garnish the cooked lasagna with basil leaves.
- Serve it with garlic bread and enjoy the tasty ravioli lasagna!
- Both Lasagna and ravioli are believed to originate from Italy.
- March 20th is considered to be National Ravioli Day.
- The first mention of ravioli comes from the writings of a Merchant of Venice – Francesco di Marco.
- The plural of lasagna is “lasagne”. In Italy, the plural form is always used to refer to lasagna.
Lasagna was called “losyns” in Middle English.