How to make Pala Munjalu Recipe
- Boil the milk. Add salt and sugar and let the sugar dissolve.
- Slowly add the rice flour and keep mixing till it thickens. Mix well and turn off flame. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook bengal gram with a cup of water up to 3 whistles.
- Remove andstrain any left over water and transfer the dal to a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add sugar/jaggery and mix. Turn on the flame and stir as the sugar dissolves. Keep stirring till the liquid evaporates and the dal mixture turns into a thick paste.
- Mash the dough with the back of a spoon or a masher. Keep stirring continuously as the dal sticks to the pan.
- Add cardamom powder, salt and mix well.
- Turn off flame and allow to cool.
- Shape the sweetened mixture into small bite-sized balls.
- Grease your palm with ghee and flatten the rice dough. Place the dal filling in the middle and shape into small ball, leaving no gaps.
- Heat oil in a wide vessel.
- Reduce flame to medium once the oil is hot.
- Gently place 4 to 5 balls in the pan. Deep fry till golden brown and crunchy.
- Allow it cool. Store in an airtight container as they last for two to three days.
- In 2016, world production of chickpeas was 12.1 million tons, led by India alone with 64% of the global total.
- Rice is the first food a new bride in India offers to her husband and the first food offered to newborn babies.